We’re rockin’ and rollin’. Keep up the good work, and remember the importance of meeting deadlines! Complete the following items by 11:59 p.m., Saturday February 15:
- Two blog posts: one related to your beat. In the second post, reflect upon the readings, particularly We the Media, and how social media is impacting journalism. I will grade this week’s posts. Make sure you review the blog grading criteria.
- Share both blog entries via Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, and LinkedIn.
- Comment on one of your classmate’s blog posts.
- Google Plus: Make this profile consistent with those of your other SM platforms. Add me and 10 others to your circles.
- LinkedIn: Endorse at least five people, and write one recommendation.
- If you haven’t done so already, add the Twitter widget to your website. I also recommend adding a widget for your professional Facebook page.
- Google Glass Challenge: submit your group idea for using Google Glass as a journalist and/or news organization. Headline should be no more than 140 characters. Provide a brief description of your group’s idea.
- Tweet at least two times about Google Glass. Use @GoogleGlass and #googleglass in your tweets. I also recommend adding a “Google Glass” search stream to your HootSuite dashboard so you can easily follow discussions about Glass.
- Tweet at least 10 additional times. Remember, tweets must be spread out during the week.
Below are the items you’re required to share while producing your first package. These must be spread out during the newsgathering and production process. They must be completed by Friday, February 21.
- At least four tweets. Remember to @mention and use hashtags when possible. The goal is to engage your social media audience. Ideas we’ve discussed: tell them what you’re working on, provide a behind-the-scenes look, ask a question about the story.
- Vine video: share to Twitter and Facebook
- Two Instagram photos: share to Twitter and Facebook