Welcome back from spring break! Complete the following items by 11:59 p.m., Saturday March 22 :
- Both blog posts should be related to your beat. Share blog entries via Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, and your professional Facebook page.
- Sign up for a live blogging shift for Ed Tech Day.
- Begin planning your team social media policy/strategy presentations. Enter your team member’s names and the selected outlet.
- Check out when you’re scheduled to present your social media portfolio.
- Complete the analytics log sheet.
- A minimum of 12 tweets about your beat and/or social media. Remember, tweets must be spread out during the week.
- Create a Storify of Friday’s twitter chat with Michael Benny (@michaelbenny), and post to appropriate thread on our Facebook page.
Below are the items you’re required to share while producing your third story. These must be spread out during the newsgathering and production process. They must be completed by Friday, March 28. (You will not receive full credit if you post these items after you’ve completed the story. Remember, we’re subscribing to the concept of “journalism as process.”)
- At least four tweets related to your story. Remember to @mention and use hashtags when possible. The goal is to engage your social media audience. Ideas we’ve discussed: tell them what you’re working on, provide a behind-the-scenes look, ask a question about the story. Give your audience meaningful information.
- Produce one video using the Videolicious app. Upload it to YouTube, and then share on your social media platforms.
- Two Instagram photos: share to Twitter and your professional Facebook page.