We’re rockin’ and rollin’. Keep up the good work. Complete the following items by 11:59 p.m., Saturday February 14:
- Two blog posts: one related to your beat. In the second post, reflect upon the readings, particularly We the Media, and how social media is impacting journalism.
- Share both blog entries via Twitter, professional Facebook page, and LinkedIn.
- Comment on one of your classmate’s blog posts.
- LinkedIn: Endorse at least five people, and write one recommendation.
- If you haven’t done so already, add the Twitter widget to your website. I also recommend adding a widget for your professional Facebook page.
- Tweet at least two times about Google Glass. Use @GoogleGlass and #googleglass in your tweets.
- Tweet at least 10 additional times about your beat and/or class-related material. Remember, tweets must be spread out during the week.
Below are the items you’re required to share while producing your first package. These must be spread out during the newsgathering and production process. They must be completed by Friday, February 20.
- At least four tweets. Remember to @mention and use hashtags when possible. The goal is to engage your social media audience. Ideas we’ve discussed: tell them what you’re working on, provide a behind-the-scenes look, ask a question about the story.
- Vine video: share to Twitter and your professional Facebook page
- Two photos: share to Twitter and your professional Facebook page
- 550-600 word story
- Gallery with at least four images
- Video (1-1:30 minutes)