Below are the items you’re required to share while producing your first package. These must be spread out during the newsgathering and production process. They must be completed by Friday, February 20.
- At least four tweets related to your story. Remember to @mention and use hashtags when possible. The goal is to engage your social media audience. Ideas we’ve discussed: tell them what you’re working on, provide a behind-the-scenes look, ask a question about the story.
- Vine video: share to Twitter and professional Facebook page
- Two photos: share to Twitter and professional Facebook page
Complete the following items by 11:59 p.m., Saturday February 21 :
- Create a Storify with the items mentioned above. This is how I will evaluate and grade your social media engagement for your first story. Submit the Storify link to the appropriate thread on our Facebook page. For the video and photos, show me that you’ve posted to Twitter and your professional Facebook page.
- Sign up for Klout, and connect your social media accounts.
- Tweet at least 12 times this week. That’s an average of twice per day.
- Reply to at least two people related to your beat.
- Now is a good time to revisit your stats on BrandYourself.com. How’s your grade? Do you see positive links in your first page of Google results?
- Experiment with the analytics mentioned in class: WordPress, Twitter, Klout, HootSuite, and Facebook Insights. You’ll use these next week for one of your assignments.