Complete the following items by 11:59 p.m., Saturday February 28:
- Both blog posts should be related to your beat. Share blog entries via Twitter, LinkedIn, and your professional Facebook page.
- Complete the analytics log sheet.
- Tweet at least 12 times. In addition, make sure you’re re-tweeting, replying , and using hashtags on a regular basis—important for engagement.
- Give a #FF shout-out to at least three people related to your beat; mention the reason you’re giving them a #FF.
Below are the items you’re required to share while producing your second story. These must be spread out during the newsgathering and production process. They must be completed by Friday, March 6.
- At least four tweets related to your story. Remember to @mention and use hashtags when possible. The goal is to engage your social media audience. Ideas we’ve discussed: tell them what you’re working on, provide a behind-the-scenes look, ask a question about the story.
- Produce one video using the Videolicious app. Upload it to YouTube, and then share to Twitter and your professional Facebook page.
- Use Twitter’s new video feature. Tweet a video tease of your story.
- Two photos: share to Twitter and your professional Facebook page.