Below are the items you’re required to share while producing your second story. These must be spread out during the newsgathering and production process. They must be completed by Friday, March 6.
- At least four tweets related to your story. Remember to @mention and use hashtags when possible. The goal is to engage your social media audience. Ideas we’ve discussed: tell them what you’re working on, provide a behind-the-scenes look, ask a question about the story, use quotes from interviewees.
- Produce one video using the Videolicious app. Upload it to YouTube, and then share on your social media platforms.
- Use Twitter’s new video feature. Tweet a video tease of your story. (Optional; not everyone has this feature yet)
- Two photos: share to Twitter and your professional Facebook page.
Complete the following items by 11:59 p.m., Saturday March 7:
- Create a Storify with the items mentioned above. Submit the Storify link to the appropriate thread on our Facebook page.
- Sign up for a live blogging shift for Ed Tech Day.
- Complete the analytics log sheet.
- No requirement this week on the number of tweets or activity on your other social media platforms. By now you should be engaging frequently, and I hope the process is becoming more “organic.”