We’re rockin’ and rollin’. Keep up the good work. Remember, we will not have class Wednesday or Friday. Follow #ICatSCPrimary for our journalism students’ coverage of the South Carolina Republican primary for NBC News. Complete the following items by 11:59 p.m., Saturday February 20:
- Two blog posts: both related to your beat.
- Share both blog entries via Twitter, professional Facebook page, and LinkedIn.
- Comment on one of your classmate’s blog posts.
- LinkedIn: Endorse at least five people, and write one recommendation.
- If you haven’t done so already, add the Twitter widget to your website.
- Tweet at least 10 additional times about your beat and/or class-related material. Remember, tweets must be spread out during the week.
Below are the items you’re required to share while producing your first package. These must be spread out during the newsgathering and production process. They must be completed by Friday, February 26.
- At least four tweets. Remember to @mention and use hashtags when possible. The goal is to engage your social media audience. Ideas we’ve discussed: tell them what you’re working on, provide a behind-the-scenes look, ask a question about the story.
- Video tease: share to Twitter and your professional Facebook page
- Two photos: share to Twitter and your professional Facebook page
- 550-600 word story
- Gallery with at least four images
- Video (1-1:30 minutes)