Below are the items you’re required to share while producing your first package. These must be spread out during the newsgathering and production process. They must be completed by Friday, February 26.
- At least four tweets. Remember to @mention and use hashtags when possible. The goal is to engage your social media audience. Ideas we’ve discussed: tell them what you’re working on, provide a behind-the-scenes look, ask a question about the story.
- Video tease: share to Twitter and your professional Facebook page
- Two photos: share to Twitter and your professional Facebook page
- 550-600 word story
- Gallery with at least four images
- Video (1-1:30 minutes)
Complete the following items by 11:59 p.m., Saturday, February 27:
- Create a Storify with the items mentioned above. This is how I will evaluate and grade your social media engagement for your first story. Submit the Storify link to the appropriate thread on our Facebook page. For the video and photos, show me that you’ve posted to Twitter and your professional Facebook page.
- Experiment with the analytics mentioned in class: WordPress, Twitter, HootSuite, and Facebook Insights. You’ll use these next week for one of your assignments.