Complete the following items by 11:59 p.m., Saturday, April 23:
- One blog post should be related to your beat. In the other blog post, reflect upon our course goals from the syllabus. In this post, you can integrate what you discussed in your portfolio presentations. Share blog entries via Twitter, LinkedIn, and your professional Facebook page. Remember to social media optimize (SMO) when you share across social media platforms.
Continue working on your social media policy/strategy presentations (begin April 25).
We’re in the homestretch! Remember, your final story is due by the end of class Friday, and the Storify is due by midnight, Saturday April 16.
Below are the items you’re required to share while producing your final story. These must be spread out during the newsgathering and production process. You will not get full credit if you share these items after you’ve completed your story.
- At least four tweets related to your story. Remember to @mention and use hashtags when possible. The goal is to engage your social media audience. Ideas we’ve discussed: tell them what you’re working on, provide a behind-the-scenes look, ask a question about the story. Give your audience meaningful information.
- Produce one video promoting your story (you choose the app this time), and then share to Twitter and your professional Facebook page.
- Two photos: share to Twitter and your professional Facebook page.
Continue reading Week #12 To-Do List
Complete the following items by 11:59 p.m., Saturday April 9:
- Two blog posts: one related to your beat. The other should be focused on our discussion Friday with IC alumna Christine Loman (@ChristineLoman), social media lead at Syracuse.com, and Katie Kramer (@KatieKrames), web and mobile producer/SMO specialist at Syracuse.com.
- Complete the HootSuite Certified Professional Exam. Once you pass, add your name to the HootSuite directory and let your Twitter followers know that you are now @HootSuite certified. I recommend adding the certification to your resume. On the appropriate Facebook thread, you will submit the link to your HootSuite directory page, indicating that you’ve passed the exam.
Continue reading Week #11 To-Do List