We’re in the homestretch! Remember, your final story is due by the end of class Friday, and the Storify is due by midnight, Saturday April 16.
Below are the items you’re required to share while producing your final story. These must be spread out during the newsgathering and production process. You will not get full credit if you share these items after you’ve completed your story.
- At least four tweets related to your story. Remember to @mention and use hashtags when possible. The goal is to engage your social media audience. Ideas we’ve discussed: tell them what you’re working on, provide a behind-the-scenes look, ask a question about the story. Give your audience meaningful information.
- Produce one video promoting your story (you choose the app this time), and then share to Twitter and your professional Facebook page.
- Two photos: share to Twitter and your professional Facebook page.
Complete the following items by midnight, Saturday April 16:
- Take part in a tweet chat related to either your beat or journalism. Plan accordingly; check the schedule of chats (This is not an exhaustive list. I also recommend doing a Google search to see if there’s a chat related to your beat). This article lists the journalism chats. You must respond to at least four questions asked by the moderator. Engage! Retweet, reply, and follow people you find interesting.
- Create a Storify of the tweet chat, and submit the link to the appropriate thread on our Sakai page.