By the end of class tomorrow, you must upload to Sakai one document with:
- Final text of your story
- Link to story on your website
- Names of reviewers
- List of sources
- Link to Storify of your SMO activity across two platforms
Continue reading To Do-List #10
Welcome back from fall break!
- Come to class tomorrow with story ideas and your game-plan for social media. I will not give you a list of social media items for the next package. Instead, you’ll come up with your own list. You must use at least two social media platforms while reporting and follow SMO best practices.
- Package #3: 550-600 word story with mobile-friendly layout, three images taken with a mobile device, and a video (1-1:30) produced using your mobile device and then embedded in the story. (Reminder: the video must be edited on your mobile device — NOT your computer).
- Check out when you’re scheduled to present your social media portfolio.
- Remember to check your analytics at least once a week, using the analytics log sheet as a guide. A discussion of your analytics is required during the portfolio presentation.
- Begin planning your team social media policy/strategy presentations. Enter your team member’s names and the selected outlet.
- TBA: Coverage of President Collado’s inauguration and Ithaca College’s 125th anniversary. Schedule of events can be found here: https://125.ithaca.edu
The following are due by the end of class on Wednesday, Oct. 11:
- 550-600 word story with mobile-friendly layout.
- Three images taken with a mobile device.
- Video (1-1:30) produced using your mobile device (you choose the video app this time) embedded in the story.
Social Media Items
You do not have to use #ICParkSM. Remember, posts should be social media optimized. For example, they’ll include @mentions, hashtags, tags, and visuals — items that lead to increased engagement. These items must be spread out during the reporting process and completed by the end of class on Wednesday, Oct. 11: Continue reading To-Do List #7
Complete the following items by 11:59 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 7:
- Both blog posts should be related to your beat. Share blog entries via Twitter, LinkedIn, and your professional Facebook page.
- Tweet at least 10 times. This can include retweets, but I recommend providing context when you retweet something. You should be re-tweeting, replying , and using hashtags on a regular basis—important for engagement.
- Complete the analytics log sheet. This will be part of your end-of-the semester portfolio presentation.
- I will review this week the basics of several analytics platforms. I have also created tutorials for Facebook Insights, Twitter analytics, and WordPress analytics. If you need additional guidance, check out these tutorials. (Note: If you use Wix for your website, you have to install the app called Visitor Analytics.)
Continue reading To-Do List #6