Due by Saturday at 11:59 p.m.:
- Two blog posts: one related to your beat. The other should be focused on our discussion this week with IC alumna Christine Loman (@ChristineLoman), social media editor and member of the Editorial Board at Syracuse.com/The Post-Standard, and her colleague Katie Kramer (@KatieKrames), social media editor at NYup.com. (To prepare for our discussion, I recommend rereading p. 27 of the book, which briefly mentions the mobile-first changes at the outlet, and pp. 29-30, the Q&A with their boss. You could use some of this information in your blog post.)
- Share your blog posts to your professional social media accounts.
- I will conduct one more audit of your website and social media activity. My comments will be placed in the Gradebook section of Sakai.
- You should continue to be consistent in your activity across your platforms, particularly Twitter.
- Continue working on your portfolio presentations and social media policy/strategy presentations.
- The Monday we return from Thanksgiving break, be prepared to pitch your story ideas for package #4, which is due the following week.