For Monday, Nov. 27:
- Live tweet our chat with IC journalism alumnus Aaron Edwards, who was just named to Forbes 30 Under 30 Media list. You can find him on Twitter @aaronmedwards. Also, check out this post about diversity that he wrote a few years ago for NiemanLab.
For Monday, Dec. 4:
- Read Chapter 8: Mobile and Social Media in Your Career.
- Find a job description online for a position at an outlet where you’d eventually like to work. We’ll analyze the description in class next Monday, paying particular attention to digital skills.
For Wednesday, Dec. 6:
- Multimedia story produced with Adobe Spark Page:
–If you have yet to complete two stories related to your beat, this final story must be beat-related.
–Approximately 600 words
–1:00-1:30 video shot and produced with mobile device (you choose the app)
–Photos taken with mobile device
- Social media elements spread throughout the reporting process (remember to social media optimize posts):
–At least one social graphic shared to Facebook and Twitter.
–A readable video produced with Adobe Spark Video, and shared to Facebook and Twitter. (I’ll show you how to use the app this week, in case you have yet to work with it.)
–You should have additional tweets during the reporting process.
–When possible, @mention/tag Ithaca Week on Facebook and Twitter so that your colleagues who manage those accounts in the coming weeks will be alerted to your posts, and they can periodically share them.
–Finally, if there are any other social media items/platforms you want to use for your story, go for it!