By midnight Friday upload the story submission document to the Forum section of our Sakai page.
Multimedia Story #1
(All of these items will be published together on your website by midnight Friday. After I grade each story, I will let you know if your story should also be published to Ithaca Week)
- 550-600 word story with mobile-friendly layout.
- 2-3 images taken with a mobile device. Remember to caption all photos in your story.
- Video (1-1:30) produced using the iMovie mobile app and embedded in your article.
You should have a social media game plan for every story before heading out the door. Below are the items you’re required to share while producing your first story. You do not have to use #ICParkSM. Remember, posts should be social media optimized. For example, they’ll include @mentions, hashtags, tags, and visuals — items that lead to increased engagement. Also, it’s a good idea to periodically mention you’re covering the story for Ithaca Week by @mentioning it in tweets and in Facebook posts. These items must be spread out during the reporting process and completed by midnight Friday.
- At least four tweets. Give your audience meaningful info: use quotes from sources, ask a question about the story, provide a behind-the-scenes look.
- Produce a :30-:45 video tease using the Videolicious app. Share to Twitter and your professional Facebook page.
- Share at least two photos to Twitter and your professional Facebook page. Provide context about what you’re showing followers. Remember to “speak the language” of the different platforms.
- Create a Wakelet with the social media items mentioned above. This is how I will evaluate and grade your social media engagement for your first story.