By the end of class Friday upload the story submission document to the Forum section of our Sakai page.
Multimedia Story #2
All of these items will be published together on your website by the end of Friday’s class. I will let you know in my feedback if you should post your story to Ithaca Week:
- 550-600 word story with mobile-friendly layout.
- 2-3 images taken with a mobile device.
- Video (1-1:30) produced using your mobile device and embedded in the story. You choose the video app this time.
Below are the items you’re required to share while producing your second story. You do not have to use #ICParkSM. Remember, posts should be social media optimized: they’ll include @mentions, hashtags, tags, and visuals — items that lead to increased engagement. Also, it’s a good idea to periodically mention you’re covering the story for Ithaca Week by @mentioning in tweets and Facebook posts. These items must be spread out during the reporting process and completed by the end of class on Friday, March 9. You’ll once again create a Wakelet with these items.
- At least four tweets. Give your audience meaningful info: use quotes from sources, ask a question about the story, provide a behind-the-scenes look. Don’t simply write, “here’s a tease of my story” or “package coming soon.” This is newsroom jargon and doesn’t engage our audiences.
- A “readable” video produced with the Adobe Spark Video app. Share to Twitter and your professional Facebook page.
- At least one social media graphic produced with the Adobe Spark Post app or Canva. Share to Twitter and your professional Facebook page.